Marsh Haven's trails wind through wetland, woodland, & prairie habitats
WHERE NATURE IS APPRECIATED, CONSERVED & CELEBRATED
Marsh Haven Nature Center is on the north end of the Horicon Marsh, three miles east of Waupun, Wisconsin. Founded in 1984, our non-profit, volunteer-supported center offers visitors an opportunity to learn more about the history and wildlife of the Horicon Marsh area. Hike the trails, learn about nature at one of the education programs, join us for special weekend events, or bring a group for camping. We invite you to visit Marsh Haven Nature Center, where nature is appreciated, conserved, and celebrated! Read more →
Upcoming Events, Workshops & Camps
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, Marsh Haven Nature Center’s Vine/Griffith Education Building will be open weekends only from 10 am to 4 pm starting July 18. Additional days may be added in the future. Hiking trails are open daily 10am to 4 pm, please make sure your vehicle is moved by 4 pm, as the gates will be locked.
We are very grateful for the support shown by our members and the community during these unprecedented times. We are excited to open to the public, but are also being very cautious because the health and safety of our volunteers and visitors is very important. We ask for your patience and understanding as we implement guidelines to help protect our volunteers and visitors. Finally, because information on the pandemic can change rapidly, we ask your understanding if these plans change in the future. Before traveling to Marsh Haven Nature Center from any distance, it’s a good idea to check our website or Facebook page for any updates.
- All visitors (ages 5+) entering the building are required to wear masks. We ask that you come prepared with a face covering – a limited quantity of masks are available for those without.
· Visitors are asked to maintain a 6-foot physical distance while in the building and out on the trails. There will be one-way traffic coming into the main building and a separate exit door. One-way traffic through the museum displays is encouraged.
- Touchable items in the Nature Nook Children’s Room have been removed temporarily. There will be coloring sheets with pre-packaged crayons available.
- A limited number of visitors will be allowed in the building at any one time. Once the limit is reached, the door will be locked until visitors leave and make room for more guests to enter.
- Concessions will be available, with limited prepackaged items – water, soda, candy, bars and such.
· Of course, if you are ill or not feeling well, we ask that you do not enter the building. The safety of our volunteers and visitors is the top priority.
Your donation to our non-profit 501(c)(3) organization will help Marsh Haven in its mission to provide nature education and enjoyment. Thank you!
Location and Hours
Marsh Haven is located on the north end of the famous Horicon Marsh, three miles east of Waupun, Wisconsin on Hwy 49.
We open for the season in mid-April, and close in mid-December. During this time, our hours are:
Extended hours for special events and by request